Experience + revision science + beautiful design = better results
- Covers each of the different optional topics
- Over 200 marks worth of examination style questions
- Answers provided for all questions within the books
- Illustrated topics to improve memory and recall
- Specification references for every topic
- Examination tips and techniques
Absolute clarity is the aim with a new generation of GCSE History revision guides. This clear study guide has been expertly compiled and edited by successful teachers of History, highly experienced examiners and a good dollop of scientific research into what makes revision most effective and more accessible.
Past examination questions are essential to good preparation, improving understanding and confidence. This guide has combined revision with tips and more practice questions than you could shake a stick at. All the essential ingredients for getting a grade you can be really proud of.
Each specification topic has been referenced and distilled into the key points to make in an examination for top marks. Questions on all topics assessing knowledge, application and analysis are all specifically and carefully devised throughout this book.
History Option 11: Medicine in Britain, c1250–present andThe British sector of the Western Front, 1914–18: injuries, treatment and the trenches
- Key Topic 1 c1250–c1500: Medicine in medieval England
- Key topic 2 c1500–c1700: The Medical Renaissance in England
- Key topic 3 c1700–c1900: Medicine in 18th- and 19th-century Britain
- Key topic 4 c1900–present: Medicine in modern Britain
- Paper 1 Examination practice: Section B
- Key topic 5 The British sector of the Western Front, 1914–18: injuries,treatment and the trenches
- Paper 1 Examination practice: Section A
- Mark schemes
- Examiners' Tips