This book is a straightforward guide to the Visual Basic programming language and programming techniques. It covers all of the practical programming skills that may be required up to GCSE level and for those at AS Level with limited exposure to VB. It is suitable for both experienced programmers, students or individuals with very little or no programming experience in other languages.
It teaches basic syntax and programming techniques and introduces a number of useful features such as:
- Developing graphical user interfaces (GUIs) with the visual designer in visual studio.
- SQLite, which enables the creation and processing of a database from within a Visual Basic .NET program. This provides an alternative to writing to a text file when data needs to be stored and retrieved.
- The Visual Studio debugger, which can be used to help find elusive logic errors.
Questions and exercises are included in every chapter. Answers to these as well as over 120 VB programs for all the examples and exercises given in the book are provided in a free pack downloadable pack.
- Chapter 1: Input, output and assignment
- Chapter 2: Strings and numbers
- Chapter 3: Selection
- Chapter 4: Iteration
- Chapter 5: Arrays and tuples
- Chapter 6: Validating user input
- Chapter 7: Searching and sorting
- Chapter 8: Procedures and functions
- Chapter 9: Reading and writing files
- Chapter 10: Databases and SQL
- Chapter 11: Using SQLite
- Chapter 12: Introduction to the GUI
- Chapter 13: Developing a Windows application
- Chapter 14: Program design
- Chapter 15: Testing and debugging
The answers pack is available as a free download.
Download the free VB Solutions Pack here.
VB Solutions Pack